Feb 4, 2013

My thoughts on Black Clothing and S/S 2013

Today I decided to watch spring summer 2013 fashion show from my favorite designer on youtube. 
You know, I always fall in love for the same kind of fashion, so there are not so many designer whose I fell in love with . 
The key words to win my heart are : black, femme fatale, sexy, classy, silhouette, leather, graphic, rock, elegant, gold, feminine, pure, see through, monochrome...

Saint Laurent


Not hard to guess who My favorite designers are 

- Hedi Slimane ( St Laurent )
- Helmut Lang 
- Raf Simmons ( Dior )
- Yohji Yamamoto
- Ann Demeulemeester
- Alexander Wang
- Rad Hourani
- Albert Elbaz ( Lanvin)

Other brand / maison : ACNE, Givenchy, Balmain, Alaia, the Row ....


Saint Laurent ss13
prêt-à-porter


Ann Demeulemeester



Lanvin SS 13


They are a huge inspiration for me even if I obviously can't afford those brands. 

I am not trying to look like somebody else, I just want my style to be the reflect of my sense of aesthetic and beauty. 
I want to be someone I would admire.
Sometimes you love something to death and with no apparent reason your heart is just beating faster when you see it. This is what I feel with all black outfits (and also with glitter... but I think this is not relevant to talk about my fetish for glitter right now). 
Some people think I am wearing black clothes because I want to be seen as a rebel or I want to show I'm dark on the inside. 
This is absolutely not the right idea to have when you see me. 

Talking about this, I found a quote of Madame Demeulemeester that sounds brilliant to me. 

"Black is not sad. Bright colors are what depresses me. They’re so… empty. Black is poetic. 
How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not."

Sometimes I feel that this woman is my soul mate or something, she is just ... right.

AD 13


I also read a quote of Yohji Yamamoto that made a lot of sense for me. 

"Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: "I don’t bother you - don’t bother me"

YY 13


Now, that reminds me of Brian Molko, Placebo's singer. The guy is wearing black clothes every day, and I remember one interview on french tv where they asked him Why is he always wearing black. They expected a rockstar answer like "because I am a fucking emo !! "

  I don't know, anyway he said something like " because it's more convenient on tour, it's easier to hide stain and you don't have to iron them. When you travel a lot it's just easier to wear black clothes" 

I have to admit it's the same for me, black is EASY and CONFORTABLE. 
Plus, you look sexier in black clothes and it matches reaaaallly well with fair skin like mine. 
Contrast, I love contrast, it's a strong feeling, a strong image. 
Anyway,  love colors .... wearing by others. 

This article turns out to be super long compares to other, when I start talking about clothing it always ends up like this. I can continue forever like this but I'm gonna stop here. 

Now you know more about me.

Bye




(French ppl, if you haven't seen yet the documentaries "FASHION!" (on arte) and you are interested in fashion world and history, go buy it !! this was the best thing I ever see on TV! no kidding





No comments:

Post a Comment